Idyll Wine Co. is an end-to-end, full-service beverage company. We offer complete private label and contract beverage production solutions for wine as well as a range of other beverages.
Our facility houses some of the most sophisticated wine, cider and beverage processing equipment in the world, ensuring that our products are consistently produced to the highest standards. In the past three years alone, wines produced by Idyll have won thirty-seven international wine awards and four of these wines took out top spot with gold medals.
We specialise in providing end-to-end solutions for our customers who are interested in the distribution of our brands or the development of their own labels for the domestic and export markets.
Our culture is important to us and we pride ourselves on creating a great place to work.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Located in the Geelong region, Idyll Wine Co. require a Full-time Winemaker to assist with the planning, organising and production of wine, cider and other alcoholic beverages. The Wine Maker role is pivotal in the production of our quality wines.
Working under the guidance of our Senior Winemaker, this role is fundamental within all stages of the winemaking process, ensuring activities undertaken adhere to all aspects of legislation. This role requires a strong eye for detail, a passion for wine and an acute sense of smell and taste. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Production of wine of a quality and style as required by the business while ensuring all activities undertaken
adhere to all aspects of the legislation, Idyll Food Safety and HACCP plans
• Directing and supervising cellar operations as well as juice/wine movements, additives, and processing
• Creating daily crush and press plans and tank allocations and distributing accordingly
• Preparation of products for bottling, ensuring the wine is delivered to production within specifications
• Maintaining involvement in the Idyll vineyard – spray planning and record keeping, harvest monitoring and
timing and ongoing vine maintenance and development
• Enforcing compliance with all OHS and Company policies and procedures
• Ensuring wine is delivered to customer in-line with specifications, food standards and relevant legislation
• Inspecting the condition and function of equipment and machinery and troubleshooting when required
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Degree in viticulture and Oenology or Wine Science
• 5+ years’ experience as a Winemaker
• Knowledge of EZYWine
• A current Victorian driver’s license and reliable transportation
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to organise people and tasks
• The ability to accomplish objectives effectively within given timeframes
• An ability to develop and implement process improvements
YOU WILL BE:
• Passionate about the wine industry
• Able to work under pressure
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.