The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand’s unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Bring your wine and foodservice knowledge and top-standard customer service ability to create engaging wine tasting & food experiences for our guests. In this role you will receive a comprehensive induction including an in-depth training on our wine range, our brand DNA and customer service, which will allow you to transform a positive customer experience into wine sales and brand loyalty.
You will be responsible for:
- Being an ambassador of the brand by hosting all visitors and sharing knowledge related to the brand DNA and its wines;
- Delivering an outstanding level of service and experience;
- Ensuring day-to-day tasks: customer service, set up and pack down of the day, monitoring and organizing daily bookings, order taking using the Point of Sale System, food preparation, wine and food service, cleaning up and turning over the tables, wine and merchandise sales, stock monitoring and re-stocking;
- Attending daily team briefings;
- Turning the tasting experience into wine sales;
- Encouraging visitor loyalty and the wine club;
- Being proactive to improve the workplace efficiency by working closely with other team members;
- Being able to host different types of groups and nationalities;
- Supporting private experience and VIP events by assisting with set up, wine pouring, food service etc
- Being aware of the health and safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Significant experience in hospitality, ideally in a tasting room and a restaurant environment;
- A passion for excellent Customer Service – friendly and focused on continually exceeding customer expectations;
- A sales orientation – able to convert positive experiences into sales of Cloudy Bay wines, food and merchandise;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset;
- A ‘Can do’ attitude with a very good eye for detail;
- A Good understanding of winemaking and viticulture practices;
- You will be physically fit as the job involves standing and lifting;
- A computer proficiency;
- Legal rights to work in New Zealand and in Hospitality.
This is a casual position needed all year round depending on business needs.