Unico Zelo is looking for an experienced Cellar Hand to join us for the upcoming 2022 vintage. The right person will be a team player, problem-solver and willing to get their hands dirty.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a craft Adelaide Hills winery specialising in alternative varieties, small-batch winemaking and working with fruit from multiple wine regions including, Riverland, Adelaide Hills, Clare Valley and Langhorne Creek.
This role will be running the fruit receival and the crush pad, assisting the winemaker in all aspects of fermentation management including pump-overs, racking and additions, and be a role model for junior cellar hands.
You will ensure a high standard of hygiene of all vessels and cellar equipment while ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
This is a Casual Position available from February to April working up to 10-12 hours shifts, 5 to 6 days a week and remuneration is in accordance with experience and the Wine Industry Award.
Please note we are only taking applications from Australian based applicants.
Self-motivated, proactively solve problems and work in team
Lead by example and take pride in the quality of your work and workplace
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Complete daily cellar operations including transfers, racking and additions
• Maintain cellar hygiene standards
• Operate major cellar equipment
• Crushing, pressing and fermentation
• Barrel stacking, cleaning and maintenance
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area
• Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures
• Follow quality management procedures
• Other matters as directed from time to time
Qualifications and experience:
• Vintage experience required
• Forklift licence required
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.